Orthotics is a greek term that means to straighten or align. Our Wexford Chiropractic Office has the technological advancement of custom orthotics right inside the office to help patients assess their need for orthotic assistance in aligning their body back to it’s natural alignment.
Orthotics is used in the medical field to describe the designing, fabrication or manufacturing and fitting of orthotic devices. At Wexford Chiropractic, we offer custom orthotic foot insoles for our chiropractic patients at a reasonable cost.
Orthotics addresses the neuromuscular and skeletal alignment and is responsible for managing body alignment in an attempt to correct several ailments that is caused by a misaligned spine.
Orthotic devices are used to help support or assist abnormal or weak joints and muscles. Persons with muscle and skeletal disorders, weak joints, back pain problems and back disease and even the inability their joints to be as mobile as before causes tension and pain in their body and prevents them from having a higher quality of life.
Many diseases and disorders can benefit from the use of orthotics. Some of the diseases that cause problems that require orthotics are:
· Traumatic injury to muscles or spinal cord
· Congenital Diseases (scoliosis and spina bifida are examples)
· Sports Injury
· Restricted movement caused by age – Degenerative disc disease
· Cerebral palsy
In addition to being used to correct wrong posture and to support where support may be lacking, orthotics can be used as a preventive or supportive technique in many athletic sports.
At Wexford Chiropractic, we understand that each foot and each person is an individual with unique differences and therefore utilized a computerized scanning technique to custom fit orthotics to help correct or support your specific area of need.
Our custom designed orthotics and fabrication of insoles comes with a guarantee and is far superior to an off the shelf orthotic insole or device.
Orthotics in our Wexford office are used to:
· Restrict movement so healing can occur
· Control the mobility of joints or body segments
· Assist with movement
· Absorb forces and shocks to help promote foot healing
· Rehabilitative therapy to recover from fractures or weakened and recovering muscles and joints
· Correct the shape and function of a misaligned foot to allow for easier mobility
· Arch support and pain reduction
If you are seeking custom orthotic support, call our office today to get your free consultation and scanning. Our custom orthotic insoles are made specifically to fit your needs.
Call today 724-400-4299